- Resources to build capacity
Resources to build capacity
- Monitoring teaching and learning
Monitoring teaching and learning
These tools provide senior leaders with a tool to audit teaching and learning from the perspective of best practice for EAL/GRT learners. There are two documents - a recording sheet and a prompts sheet (for reference purposes).
- Partnership Teaching
*Partnership teaching is an efficient and effective use of the expertise of EAL practitioners. It can include a range of activities:
- Working collaboratively with subject teachers in ‘mainstream’ classrooms to meet the needs of EAL learners.
- A plan–do–review action research cycle.
- A partnership of experts – one in a subject and the other in EAL teaching.
- A partnership that recognises the distinctiveness of EAL.
- The teacher as researcher.
- A whole–school approach to meeting the needs of EAL pupils.
- Constructing a compelling learning experience.
*From CPD Through the power of partnership teaching, Naldic Journal 2017
- Useful links